Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Book Blast: Dream of Me by A. Star (#DoMBlast, @dianthajones)



Glory St. Pierre never thought so many lies could hold so much truth, especially when her entire life has been one of those lies. Now that she knows who she really is, she must find a way to come to terms with it before the Djinn sorcerer Rasputin and his steel army descend down upon the human and Djinn realms, wielding magic so dark even her own Djinn lover, Irving, is wary of it.



Their only hope to save the realms are a couple of hunters and the Lords of the Djinn Order, four powerful Djinn who have remained elusive for centuries. Armed with her only granted wish, a fabulous airship, and the Djinn she loves by her side, Glory will embark on a quest to find the four lords and enlist their help. But there is a reason the lords have been in hiding, and once this tiny band of adventurers awakens them from their slumber, they will set off a chain of events that has been in the making since the beginning of time.



There is no turning back now.



Excerpt
I sighed in defeat, rose and flung the rest of my clothes over a chair before climbing back into bed. Irving watched my every movement and then when I was settled, he slid under the covers with me and tangled our legs together as he pulled my body against his.
“Are we still angry with each other?” he asked.
“I was never angry with you.” Irving made a face. “Okay, maybe I was. But I’m not now. Hell, I let you bang me in public today! I think we’re good.”
Irving laughed. “Your exaggerations of life are always so entertaining, my love.”
“I try.”
“But I want you to know that I am not angry with you either. I really do understand why you feel the way that you feel and I accept it. I could parade you around in front of my kind and try to solicit their love for you, but it would be false. And in the end, you would hate me, you would hate who you are, and I do not want that for you. So if for now is all we have, then I will treasure every moment until the day we are no more.”
I didn’t want to cheapen his words by adding any of my pointless ones to what he said. So we just lay in silence for a while and let the gentle sway of the airship lull us.


Series: The Djinn Order, Act Two
Publication Date: January 19, 2016
Genre: Steampunk Fantasy/Romance






A. Star is a fan of dirty passion. She loves to read it, and she damn sure loves to write it. She is the author of the Mythos: Gods & Lovers series and the Djinn Order series. She is a night-owl and a coffee junkie, and the only sneaker she would be caught dead wearing are Converses.



Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads | Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. "Hell, I let you bang me in public today! I think we’re good.” always makes me laugh! :'D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and meeting you guys so leave me a message, :)